Finance Associate at Seaboard Hotels
Seaboard Hotels is searching for a finance associate for its hotel management group. Seaboard manages independent, boutique hotels in coastal destinations. Our vision is to develop, own and operate a collection of top-rated, individually distinctive resort properties that spans the Atlantic Coast.
The associate is part of the Corporate Finance Division and reports directly to the Vice President of Finance. The Division promotes accurate accounting, strong financial controls, integrated systems and effective reporting. The associate will directly manage account receivable and payable related processes, and will provide support to payroll processing, banking services, financial reporting, and office activities. At Seaboard, we offer a valuable onboarding training, ongoing hands-on experience, and exciting projects to help sharpen the leadership and technical skills of our newest associates.
Responsibilities & Duties
As a finance associate, you will have the following responsibilities and duties.
Management of Accounts Receivable
- Prepare, verify, and process invoices for services rendered
- Post customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions
- Reconcile accounts receivable-related ledgers
Management of Accounts Payable
- Process invoices, credit notes, and vendor payments
- Perform updates and eliminations on vendor master files
- Reconcile vendor statements and accounts payable-related ledgers
Support of Payroll Processing
- Complete paychecks and payroll related payments
- Perform updates and eliminations on employee databases
- Support preparation of payroll-related tax processing forms
Support of Banking Practices
- Prepare bank deposits
- Analyze funding needs for operating accounts
- Perform bank reconciliations
Support of Financial Closing and Reporting
- Complete reviews to chart of accounts
- Maintain inter-company books by verifying, allocating and posting transactions
- Collect, analyze and summarize account information and trends
Support of Administrative Tasks
- Handle inquires and correspondence
- Maintain electronic and physical filing systems
- Coordinate supplies orders and deliveries
- Associates or higher degree in related field (e.g., Accounting, Finance, Business Administration) with or without previous work experience in finance/clerical positions. School transcript with a minimum GPA of 3.0 is required for the application.
- High School diploma with a minimum of 3 years of work experience in finance positions. Three verifiable professional references are required for the application.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong judgment, problem-solving, decision-making, and data analysis abilities
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple assignments
- Deferred Compensation Plan & Matching Contributions
- Vacation & Flexible Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Casual Dress Attire
- Salary: $30,000 – $35,000 annually
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Work Schedule: Monday thru Friday
- Preferred Hours: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Location: Corporate office at 37139 Rehoboth Avenue Ext, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971
Seaboard Hotels is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Apply For A Position