For decades, Rehoboth Beach has been the vacation hot spot for families looking to enjoy the summer sun in an all-American beach resort town. Situated along the east coast, Rehoboth Beach offers a prime location with Atlantic Ocean views. This quaint Delaware town is perfect for both relaxation and entertainment. From spending the day at the beach to an exciting day of deep-sea fishing, Rehoboth Beach has attractions for everyone. Below is a list of 10 Things to Know about Rehoboth Beach to help you plan your next Delaware vacation!
1. Rehoboth Beach offers tax-free shopping, with a wide selection of outlet malls and shops to keep you occupied on a rainy day.
2. “The Nation’s Summer Capital” was the nickname given to Rehoboth Beach due to its prime family vacation atmosphere.
3. The highest official temperature recorded in Rehoboth Beach was 102’F in 1997. The lowest ever recorded was in 1982, with a bitter temperature of -11 F.
4. Dogfish Head Brewery’s original brewpub was located on Rehoboth Beach’s main strip. As a result, it has become a prime destination for American craft beer lovers.
5. Rehoboth Beach’s parks offer a surplus of recreational activities in the summer months, including biking, swimming, kayaking, canoeing, and sailing.
6. This seaside resort town is perfect for golf enthusiasts with many courses available throughout the area.
7. The AARP included Rehoboth Beach on their “Best Places to Retire” list, which included five other dream towns in America.
8. Dolphin and Whale Watching tours are available in the area from late July to early October.
9. The area has a variety of fishing methods available including deep-sea, surf fishing, pier fishing, crabbing, and clamming.
10. The mile-long Rehoboth Beach boardwalk was featured on National Geographic Traveler’s list of “The Top 10 U.S. Boardwalks”.